My photo
Florida, United States

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Tiger Dash 5K

It's been a couple of days since the Tiger Dash 5K, and it's about time I blogged about it. I should be more excited about the outcome of this race, since this was the first time I actually won my age group! But I'm not, and I have many complaints. First, I wasn't able to improve on my best time. I think my time was respectable given 1) my sore right knee, and 2) the twisty, turny course, but I'm used to improving every race. There were 3 - 180 degree turns and at least 9 - 90 degree turns over the course of the 5K. If you know me, you know how I hate running where there are lots of turns and corners. I think that is how I hurt my knee in the first place. Also during this race there were two long stretches where I had to run single file because of two way traffic on a side walk. After reviewing my watch data, it looks like I was slowed substantially during one of these stretches, and that was probably enough to cost me a PR. Given all of that, my time was only 10 seconds off of my best time.

So, after all of that, I guess it could have been worse. I'll just have to try harder at the ESPN The Weekend 5K coming up at the end of the month. That event should be well run and a lot of fun.

Results

Here is the watch data:

No comments: