My photo
Florida, United States

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Camp - 2009/02/03

After a week away from camp, it was time to hit it again. For tonights workout I was supposed to run 2 X 2 miles at 7:00/mile pace with a 5 minute rest after the first 2 miles. Sounds easy, right? I programmed my watch for the entire workout which included beeping at me when I went too fast, or more likely, too slow. Well, after the warm up mile or so, I was ready for the first 2 mile interval. I mistakenly hit the "Stop" button instead of the "Lap" button. I tried to get the watch back on program by hitting all the buttons I could find, all while running somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 miles an hour! I decided that I was back on track, but the watch never made a sound, and I knew I wasn't running exactly the right pace. After running for what seemed like 2 miles I hit the "Stop" button again, and I saw that I had only completed 1.92 miles of the first interval. I ran a little longer for good measure, but the precise logging of the run had been lost. I did my 5 minute rest, and completed the last 2 mile interval without incident. Once I got home I was able to piece enough of the workout together to see that I missed my goal time of 7:00/minute miles:

1st mile 7:02, 2nd mile 7:08, 14:10 total for first interval
3rd mile 7:08, 4th mile 7:17, 14:24 total for second interval

Not bad considering I had really no idea how fast I was really going. Here is the link to what I was able to capture:

Camp 2009/02/03

No comments: