My photo
Florida, United States

Friday, November 07, 2008

Run 11/7/2008 3.34mi@28:45

After a couple of days off, I hit the pavement for a run this morning. I felt realllllly slow, so I just took it easy. My overall pace turned out to be 8:36/mile which is about what I run when I don't feel realllllly slow! I did a little research, and it looks like I am running my easy runs too fast. I used an online pace calculator and it says I should be doing my easy runs at a 9:24/mile pace. That just seems really slow, but it wasn't too long ago that 10:00/mile was all I could maintain for 3 miles. I guess I'm getting stronger, but I do want to start mixing in more interval and tempo run training. It will be interesting to see how low I can get my 5K time over the next 6 months or so. It is cooler here in Central Florida, so in theory my times should continue to get better. I just have to take it easy enough to avoid injury. I don't want to sit on the sidelines and lose everything that I have gained this year.

Anyway, here are the details on this mornings run:

No comments: