My photo
Florida, United States

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lightfest 5K (Melbourne, FL)

Another 5K, another personal record! This time my watch had me at 22:58, but the official time was more like 23:15. For the second race in a row my watch has me completing the 5K quite a bit before the official finish line. I tried to start the watch as I crossed the starting line (since I have to start back in the pack a little ways), so it shouldn't be that far off. I'll have to do some research to see what I can find. Either time I use, it was better than the last 5K that I ran in October, so I am happy. At the October race I thought I had a little more in my tank. For this race I didn't feel the same way, I gave it pretty much all I had. Improvements from here might come a little harder, but I'm going to keep plugging away.

UPDATE: The race results are in and I finished at 23:18, good enough for 3rd in my age group! I didn't stick around for the whole trophy presentation, but I guess I should have. Actually, both times I won a trophy this year I missed the presentation. Looking at the results I finished 81st overall out of 469 finishers and 62nd out of the males.

Here is the link to the results: http://www.runningzone.com/results.html?id=519

I forgot to hit the stop button on my watch at the finish line, so this entry runs past the end of the race.

No comments: