My photo
Florida, United States

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Run 11/11/2008 3.75 mi@33:03

The summary doesn't tell the whole story about the run tonight. This run include 4 - 1/4 mile intervals at faster than normal pace. I didn't set the watch up correctly to save the individual interval times, but the run went like this:

1 mile warmup
1/4 mile fast pace followed by 1/4 mile jog
repeat 3 more times
finish up with 3/4 mile cool down

Intervals are not a whole lot of fun, but they are like strength training for runners. Doing this type of run regularly will help me learn how to run faster during races (hopefully). We did do quite a few interval days during the Set Goals Not Limits running camp this past summer, and my race times did improve, so I have to think that it works.

No comments: