My photo
Florida, United States

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Up and ... running

Finally. I have been planning on starting my own blog for some time. Cross another thing off of my endless things to accomplish! Now what to do with it. For starters I'm going to use it as a place to share my run info. I'm on this running kick, and with my new Garmin Forerunner watch I can capture all of the gory details of my runs and post the info online for all to see. Check out the "Training Blogs" section for some links to running blogs that I have started. I'm still looking for the best way to share this info, and I'm actually disappointed in the quality of the sites out there, so if you have suggestions on better ones, let me know.

I'm an avid Linux user (openSUSE 11.0 currently), so I dabble in finding suitable substitutions for Windows software that run under Linux. I'll use this blog to track my findings in the areas of Linux, virtual machines, software development, open source, etc. In my current configuration I use VirtualBox to run Windows XP in a virtual machine under openSUSE Linux for those software applications that I just can't live without (e.g. Microsoft Money, SportTracks). While this works OK, I would really like to be able to run all applications natively in Linux someday.

Well enough intro, time to get outside and clean the pool and pull some weeds. I'll post my Sunday evening run info later.

No comments: