My photo
Florida, United States

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkins in the Park 5K (Cocoa Village, FL)

What a great race! This is the first 5K that I have done in the evening and I think it really helped me. It has been raining off and on all day, and the closer we got to the start at 6:30 PM the steadier it rained. At the start of the race it was raining pretty good, but other than not being able to see out of my glasses it didn't really bother me. At about the half way point as we headed towards the river, I looked up and saw a rainbow. By the end of the race the rain had finished which made it much easier to stand around and tell stories about what was and what could have been. Most members of the Beta Running Team improved on their PRs and I did too. This was the fastest 5K for me so far and I took off 1 minute and 20 seconds from my previous best time. Maybe the training is paying off. I still have further to go to meet my goal, but I'm getting there. Overall I have taken 5 minutes and 56 seconds off of my 5K time since the Harris Family Medical Center 5K back in January.

Here are the official race results. You may notice that my official time differs from my GPS watch time. As I was finishing the race, my watch indicated that I had completed 5K prior to crossing the finish line. It looked to be about 75-100 yards early and that would probably account for the additional 14 seconds in the official time. Since I didn't cross the starting line when the starting gun fired (due to the size of the crowd I was not able to start at the front) I expected the times to be off by 3 or 4 seconds. I like the GPS watch time in this case, so I'm sticking with it as my "official time"!

Pumpkins in the Park 5K Race Results


Activity
Route:Pumpkins in the Park 5KElev. Avg:10 ft
Location:Cocoa, FLElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:10/24/08Up/Downhill: [+88/-88]
Time:06:33 PMDifficulty:1.9 / 5.0
 
Weather:Light Rain Fog/Mist
 75 F temp; 93% humidity
 79 F heat index; winds S 20 G 25
Performance

Distance: 3.12 miles
Time:0:23:30
Speed:8.0 mph
Pace:7' 32 /mi
Calories:334
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Pace (min/mile)
 
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
17' 11-0' 218.3+0.4+3 ft
27' 39+0' 077.8-0.1-13 ft
37' 48+0' 167.7-0.3+3 ft
end7' 07-0' 258.4+0.5+6 ft
Versus average of 7' 32 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: