My photo
Florida, United States

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Reindeer Run 5K (Cape Canaveral, FL)

This was my first race under 23 minutes. My final time was 22:56 which was only good enough for 10th place in my age group, but I will take it! Usually the 40-44 group isn't this competitive. It was cold at the start (less than 50 degrees) and a little windy. Turned out the winds were straight out of the north again, and the finish had us running straight into the wind for the last mile or so. I wanted to slow down somewhere around 2.5 miles, but when I finally saw the finish line I could see that I had a chance to come in under 23 minutes. I didn't leave much room to spare, but I made it. My next 5K will be at Animal Kingdom in January, and I'm hoping for another PR then. We'll see. It can only get harder from here.



Here is a video of the race. I made a small cameo at about the 4 minute mark.

After the run, a group of us enjoyed breakfast at the Omelet Station in Cocoa Beach.

Here is a link to the official results and below is the data from my watch.

No comments: