My photo
Florida, United States

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jingle Bell 2 Miler

The last official race of 2008 and the 3rd race in the Running Zone Race Series. I finished in 14:06, good enough for 113th out of 927 overall and 10th out of 52 in my age group. The start was really congested and that slowed me down in the first quarter mile or so. I was hoping to finish in under 14 minutes and the slow start might have been the difference. I did manage to pass several people in this race that usually beat me in 5Ks though. I think if I start mixing in more speed work during my workouts I can move up a little in the standings, but some of the times in my age group (40-44) are really fast. Winning isn't everything and this past year of running has been a great experience. I now look forward to every race that I can participate in. Next up is the Circle of Life 5K at Animal Kingdom in early January. I'm looking for 22:45 at that one!

Here is the link to the official results.

No comments: